Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Love You Friends


Hello my sweet and loving and caring and supportive friends!!
I know it's been awhile since I posted.
I really (more than you know) appreciate all your emails, messages and even a few treats via snail mail.
Each one filled with love and encouragement.
I won't bore you with all the details, so I will be fast & make a long story short...
I haven't been feeling well since mid summer. 
I just haven't felt like myself and my energy level went on vacation.
I have struggled with having no desire to create or design...or much else. 
After finding a lump in my breast several months ago and ignoring it, as I was too busy (cards to make...hee hee) and don't have insurance...It got bigger and painful.
I finally made an appointment at my local Health Dept.
They are wanting to say that the mass on my mammary ridge is a fribro-cystic mass, but 
more testing will show for sure. 
Although, I will have to redo the tests and exams for breast cancer in the next several weeks...
I did get some results yesterday from my blood work on Friday.
My thyroid is very very low functioning and I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism.
This explains my low to no energy everyday...the extreme fatigue, etc, etc, etc.
My triglycerides are super high, along with my blood pressure.
Although, we still don't have an answer about the lump I am Praising God for standing 
beside me, for carrying me when I need it and for helping them find the things that the 
blood work did bring to our attention.
I plan on using this as a wake up call and making some lifestyle changes...changes that will help 
me to live a long healthy life with my wonderful husband and sweet babies!!
I know without a doubt, that NO MATTER what happens God will be holding me 
in his arms and all will be well.  I can't imagine life 
without my Heavenly Father, my Lord and Savior...the King of my Life.
Right at this time, as we are walking through issues with my health...we are also praying for a situation within our extended family...it's been heart breaking and very worrisome, but every time the devil tries to lie to me about how big this is, how things will never be the same...when he reminds me of my heartache and my loved ones who are also experiencing great heartache...I am able to stop him in his tracks and remind him that he has NO POWER, NO VICTORY in this.  
I even say it out loud sometimes..."satan...you are nothing"!!
God IS in control and all things are worked together for good, for those who love HIM.
He will never give us more than we can handle, He will be right there with us.
I give these issues to God (sometimes several times a day) and know without a doubt that I am His child and He loves us ALL so much...more than we can comprehend.
All we have is because of Him...He is Amazing. 
Life is too short to be concerned with anything, but Our Awesome God, the reason we are 
here, our family and loving one another.
I wanted to write to you all to not only let you know I am still here, just needing 
a bit of rest and prayer.

I also want to encourage each of you wonderful friends to pay attention to the signs that your 
body is giving you, do regular self breast exams and remember to "put yourself on the list".
You family won't have you if you don't take care of you!!

I also want to say that we can't do this thing called life without Jesus!!
I can't imagine not having Him at the center of this storm.
All the peace, strength and hope I have is in and from Him!!
My heart goes out to anyone who tries to got it alone.
If anyone reading this is not 100% sure that when you die you will 
spend eternity in Heaven...Please think about this question, see your pastor, speak to a 
Christian friend or even email me with any questions!!
I love you all and God loves you more that anything!!

Thank You for your love and care!!

Love and Blessings -
 


Here are a few worship songs I have been filling my home with:









26 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this with us. I will be praying for you and your family! I truly appreciate everything you shared. I think you have a great attitude, may the Lord bless that!!

Frances said...

Lori, my prayers with you, thank you so much for these words, I need them today so much, I arriving to my home from the hospital where my dear brother is, tomorrow they make a colonoscopy to determine what is going on....I'm very sad because this is the third time he has to go through this....But we have faith and know God is with us all...Hugs, Frances.

Unknown said...

Oh goodness Lori-- You've been going through a lot! Ironically-- I have an appointment to go in for a test on my thyroid as well-- the low energy level sounds familiar--- and my dr. found a slight enlargement on my thyroid... I hope everything turns out fine and it's nothing too serious. Take care of yourself!!

faithnme said...

HI Lori.. Wow I LOVE this post.SAW clearly my favorite scripture. Romans- 8:28. We ask right now for Blessings on the "Boyd" Family near and far and I know that your "healing" HANDS are on Lori even as I write this.

You are in my prayer

Hugs and Blessings
Sharette

Joan V said...

Lori, oh my, please take care of yourself. We will all be here waiting with open arms when you come back to blogging. Thank you for speaking out about self breast exams. God works through us and is always with us. Hope you get all your medical problems taken care of soon. Take care and my prayers are with you tonight.

Taylors Lodge said...

I don't know you but, I have been following your blog for a while those word you just wrote have touch my heart deeply. Thank you!
Your in my prayers.
~Jill

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I'm so sorry Lori, I'll keep you in my thoughts! You will get better once you get some treatment and rest, stay strong and think positively! Hugs, xxx

Sherry Eckblad said...

Oh Lori, thank you so much for the update. I have been so worried about you. I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Shelby Goolsby said...

Sweet Lori, I will keep you in my prayers. You are such a wonderful person (yes I can tell this even though we have never actually met:) Your words are such an inspiration and what I live by as well. Take care of yourself. Hugs,Shelby

Jess Willison said...

So sorry to hear about this Lori! Your are definitely in my thoughts! Get some much needed rest, and take care! hugs!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey GF...I had no idea! Sorry you had/have to go all thru this! My thoughts and prayers are with you! I know God already lifted you up and he will heal you! God is truly good!
Believe it or not February has been a very challenging month for me to and I agree...you know your body best and as soon you know you are not in-sync have it checked out!
Take good care of yourself...BIG HUGS ~S~

Brook said...

I'm sorry to hear about all that you are going through. Right now you need to take care of you and rest as much as your body needs. You are in my thoughts. Take care.

Natalie said...

Praying for you, Lori The Lord is so faithful and even in the midst of this trial, the Lord is good! I'm sure you will be looking back on this and realize how much you are truly loved by the Savior and can have confidence that He will never leave you, nor will He forsake you.
Keep your eyes on Jesus! God bless.

sunghee said...

Once again, I think you are the most amazing woman ever! I can't believe the amount of things you were able to manage even in the mist of that. You are in my prayer!!!

Becky said...

Lori, I am so sorry to hear about the lump.

I will be remembering you daily in my prayers.
Hugs :)

stempelfeest said...

omg Lori, you are in my thoughts and prayers! Whishing you all the best from Holland.
x Mariska

Mary J said...

Dearest Lori, what an awful time for you. Thank goodness you have such a great family and a supportive network - which I know includes all your blogging friends!

Take care of yourself - you will be in our thoughts! {{hug}}

NinaB said...

Dear Lori, I'll be bringing you up in prayer. Thank you for the encouragement and reminder that despite life's troubles, we can live victoriously, but only with Christ on our side. May He draw you closer to Him as a result of the situation.~Nina

Kim O'Connell said...

Oh, goodness! You and your family are in my thought s and prayers! Wishing well and wishing you strength!

Kimmarie Baker said...

I am so glad you are taking cared of yourself now. Aside from the lump in your breast (which sounds like it will be ok and watched carefully. Thank God) You will feel so much better just by regulating your thyroid. The thyroid can really make you so fatigued to the point of not wanting to get out of bed. It will take a few months to regulate it and get into your system but you will feel so much better. As far as your blood pressure and triglyceroids it will come ahead with meds also. My 10yr & 8yr old had triglyceroids that were high and they each brought their numbers down 100 points just by cutting way back on flour and sugar. You will be surpirsed what a difference this makes. I will pray you feel better and sending my love to you. HUGS!

Deirdre said...

Lori, glad to hear that you have put yourself on the list, I will pray for you that all your exams come back with positive news. Hugs to you and your family. Take care of yourself. Deirdre

kadie said...

XOXOXOXOXOXO!!

Tina Lisenby said...

Lori, I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you have been having with your health. Please know we are all thinking of you and we hope that things will improve for you soon. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers - Take Care of yourself. Hugs, Tina

Silvia said...

I am still praying for you my sweet friend. Many blessings for you and your family.

hugs,

Anonymous said...

Lori- I am praying for you and your family!! May the Lord above hold you close giving love, comfort and strength. Your faith in and love for the Lord inspires me each day!! blessings and hugs!!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Just wanted you to know that I just saw this and that you will be in my thoughts and prayers daily. Sending you a giant hug. xoxoxo